Subject: Re: So what else was at NAB?
From: "Kent Nelson" <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 1996 20:09:44 -0700

> Was there anything in particular that stuck out in people's minds?

Sony was showing a 16:9 flatscreen monitor ( not in a very prominent 
place)  I thought the picture quality was incredible.  It was about 2 
inches thick, and maybe 3ft wide.

> What was the "coolest" new thing at the show, aside from LW 5.0?

I don't know about "coolest" but if I hear any technology evangelist 
say that a feature is "cool" one more time!!!!

I really thought the pitcher for SoftImage was kidding when he 
pronounced it Soft EEEmaage. " Pretentious?"  I thought Soft Fromage 
could work for a name.   Actually their piece from ILM was pretty 
impressive.

Alias/Wavefront had great character animation capabilities, but when 
they brought in a spacecraft it couldn't hold a candle to Lightwaves 
capabilities.

 _________________________________________________
                                KENT NELSON
 
                           Obligatory pythy quote
         "This film is basically pro-humanity and anti-bad things."
              John Cleese on directing "Scott of the Antarctic"
 _________________________________________________